.

Sunday, July 28, 2019

Career plan Assignment Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 1250 words - 1

Career plan - Assignment Example He showed early signs of being entrepreneurial and later attributed business practices as a key to his success in acquiring and expanding business. Pickens and his family moved to Oklahoma to Amarillo, Texas in late 1930s.He began studying at the University of Texas after finishing High School and graduated with a degree in geology in 1951 from Oklahoma A&M (now called Oklahoma State University).To kick start the career, the great business leader joined Philips petroleum and worked there until 1954.He then worked in exploratory well digging and later on in 1956 founded Mesa Petroleum. Under the watchful eye of Pickens, by 1981, Mesa grew to be one of the largest independent oil companies in the world. In 1989 Pickens founded Boon Pickens capital management; whose funds dealt with oil and natural gas and which earned him $2.7 billion by 2007.In 1997 T. Boone Pickens created the Pickens Fuel Corp., a company promoting the use of natural gas a cleaner-burning fuel-alternative for automo biles. Researches done by Pickens in the oil industry supported the claim made by other scientists, â€Å"the world’s oil supply is on decline’. As a result he created a fuel company in 1997 that promoted the use of natural gas a cleaner-burning fuel-alternative for automobiles (US Natural Gas). He planned world’s largest wind farm for Texas Panhandle. ... 2. My Career Plan Taking the various internal and external factors into account discussed in the following sections, I have decided to for Finance major in Oil and Gas sector. It is not so much under my control to sketch and build a perfect career. Therefore, I have decided to implement principles and strategies of the American Business leader: T.Boone.Pickens into my career plan. 2.1 Selecting career goals Like Pickens ,the first goal is to create real value and not just earn money and expand personal wealth ( these will invariably have to follow ); To draw out academic and career goals I would rather prefer answering two questions: What qualifications and skills did I acquire ? What knowledge to develop and experience to gather? Then my task will be to complete and submit application and financial aid requirements for admissions to postgraduate ‘oil and gas sector’ financial consultant programs. 2.2 Knowing Yourself Everyone should know and understand his likes and dis likes choosing a career and becoming successful. Listed below are the questions I answered while exploring myself in choosing career: What do I enjoy doing? What am I good at? Which field interests me? How much adaptive am I to changing situations? 2.2.1 Strengths Communication skills. I work intelligently with all kinds of people and understand that each client has different priorities and objectives about projects and work tasks. I keep this in mind when communicating tasks that need to be accomplished with positive reinforcement and awareness of what others are working on. Flexibility to handle change. Since my childhood I had been able to adapt myself easily to any kind of social & cultural

No comments:

Post a Comment